Saturday, May 8, 2010

lux life or la vie en rose



This is my first blog post, a blog about the decadence dripping from the rafters of life...how very syrupy, sappy, and disgusting of me to even mention it like that...anyway...a few inspiring things...some bon-bons, if you will...


a harsh color against pink lips, a kid wearing sunglasses in her bubble bath, a rusty red toy soldier mashed into freshly cut grass, the first gritty, somewhat spiritual deep breathe of a bag of dark roast just ripped open, the moment when a laugh turns into a cackle, eating most of the good stuff out of the Edy's Overload Butterfinger Ice Cream while standing up under the glow of one flourescent kitchen light while everyone else is in bed, the overflow of inspiration to the point where you can at any point pick a project out of the air and begin work on it without hesitation, dark chocolate and deep, dark, red wine, knowing that God loves watching me love all this stuff with a big, bright, red bliss. Ah the luxury...lux, lux, lux. It is so important to surround yourself with the silly, worthless things, thoughts, and moments that you find so extraordinary.


These are my small delicious luxuries and there is an unending supply here on earth. They are best savored one at a gentle time...too much at once and you wanna puke. Having everything you want all at once sucks the beauty out of luxury.




a simple life can be the Moulin Rouge of decadence.



3 comments:

  1. My bon bon at this moment is savoring the solitude of this early morning. The birds are chirping outside my window, the house is quiet as everyone else is tucked in bed, and all is well with my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never loved cheese more than I have living in dairy-free rural Haiti...

    "Decadence of simplicity": yes!

    And hooray for the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How poetic. :) I'm looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete